Kostanay region is a unique iron ore and bauxite base of the republic.
The main branches of the economy:
- 700 enterprises with more than 45.0 thousand employees
- Over 90% of the republic’s iron ore products, 100% iron ore pellets and asbestos. Products are exported to various countries.
- JSC "Kostanay Minerals" - the only asbestos plant in Kazakhstan
- 35 types of minerals have been explored, including: bauxite, iron, cobalt, nickel, gold, copper, molybdenum and others
- 69 deposits of free subsoil use
- The manufacturing industry is represented by: food production, mechanical engineering, the metallurgical industry and the production of building materials
- LLP "SaryarkaAvtoProm" collects more than 50 models of cars 9 brands: collected more than 26 thousand cars
- One of the largest grain producers (over 25% of the total collection in the republic)
- The growth of acreage of oilseeds by 6.6 times for 10 years
- The area of farmland occupied is 10.5 million hectares
- Potential for the production of vegetable oil and its fractions, meat and dairy products
In Kostanay region there are 6 reservoirs with a total design water volume of 1.5 billion m3, which gives great potential for the development of projects involving water consumption.
The construction of the Industrial zone of 400 hectares.